Nothing is sweeter than kid’s worship! I see kids worshipping in so many different ways. They jump around, shout with joy, clap their hands, dancing and lifting their hands to Christ our Father. Each Sunday morning we teach our children that this is what they were born to do! In many ways, they set the example for us. They are not too cool or grown up to display their joy in song. Psalms 134 speaks of lifting our hands to God. Psalms 149 and 150 states that we are to praise Him with dancing and loud instruments. Psalms 100 tells us to shout for joy to the Lord in all that we do! In AMP Worship on Sunday mornings that is exactly what we do!
One verse that is always on my mind as I have raised my children and get to spend time with yours each Sunday is Proverbs 22:6: “Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it.” Worship songs help to instill God’s words and truth into young hearts and minds in a world that has a different message for them to hear. Kids need songs that are engaging and repetitive while speaking truth about Jesus and His message of hope and love.
Children need to get prepared for worship! They are busy just like adults and need to get ready to go on Sunday mornings. Here are a few ideas that my family has used over the years:
- Make Sunday mornings fun and joyful
- Help your child set their clothes, offering, and bible out the night before
- Allow extra time for getting ready – don’t wake up at the last minute
- Make Sundays a special breakfast day pancakes or waffles, a special trip for their favorite biscuit or donut, or they get to pick out their favorite muffin or cookie from the coffee counter
- Let your child know that learning about Jesus and going to church is exciting and the best day of the week
If you are interested in learning about and listening to some of the music that we use on Sundays check out hillsongkids.com and amberskyrecords.com. Also, we are still singing ‘Road Trippin’ VBS 2017 music each week and have CDs of that music available.
If you have questions about AMP Worship for kids or have been considering volunteering with us please do not hesitate to reach out to me at Rhall@biltmorechurch.com.
Psalms 8:2 says: “Through the praise of children and infants you have established a stronghold against your enemies, to silence the foe and the avenger.”